YOUR JOURNEY WITH THE CHILD FROM INFANCY to ADULT
In laying down the foundations of the education for the first Free Waldorf School (in Stuttgart, 1919), Rudolf Steiner exhorted the teachers to “PUZZLE THE CHILD”. And how wonderful is this puzzle! And how totally apt this word: “ PUZZLE” ! Out of love for the child —- whether parent, grandparent or teacher —- we are constantly encountering challenges and even frustrations in trying to find the answer to this puzzle as to “ what do I do now?” A puzzle is enjoyable when I accept the challenge and enter into the work with deep interest. Sure, the work may be really hard but when my interest is all awake and, even better, warmed with a real love for the child, then I can find the determination to find an answer.
There are three ways that I can work to find an answer to the puzzle: 1. I try to insist that the child fits in to a pre-scribed system —- that it conforms to the mold that is expected of every decent citizen. This approach arises out of my love for the child but is based on fear (of what may happen to the child if it does not conform to expectations) and requires, often, some hard discipline. The power for development is found in the set form of rules and standards. 2. I can simply accept that the child is how it is, that all will develop in its own good time and that the child will learn through its own experience. As long as I surround the child with the warmth of my love, then no more is required. This approach avoids the puzzling and, perhaps, trusts that unseen spiritual powers will guide the child. 3. Through always trying to deepen my understanding of the stages that the child is going through as the soul unfolds I can start to enter into where the child is at and discern what is needed to lovingly support the life direction of the personality of the child. This love may, at times, be tough (for both!) and may, at times, be sweet (for both !). This is the challenging, wonderful work of the “puzzling approach”. We can say that the adult is consciously becoming aware of what is needed and acting on behalf of guiding spiritual powers. Who then grows ? ---BOTH adult and child!
This third way is not hardened by inflexible rules and it does not waft off into unformed complacency. Rather, it is the living approach which meets the ever-evolving puzzle which is the child whom we love.
And it is this living way of guiding our children, as they journey through these vital early years, that you will find in this course.
Our presenters are all experienced professionals who have applied Rudolf Steiner's insights into Human nature in their own practices, consciously and effectively. The "theory" is solidly backed with the life-times of experience, working examples and suggestions that you can apply in your own life for the transformation of yourself and the child you love.
YOUR JOURNEY WITH THE CHILD FROM INFANCY TO ADULT
(If you miss the beginning date of any module, you can still register and then, in your own time, view the recordings of sessions that you have missed).
COST OF “YOUR JOURNEY WITH YOUR CHILD FROM INFANCY TO ADULT “ COURSE is $50 (NZ) per module or $125.00 (NZ) for the full course of 24 sessions ( these 24 sessions are arranged in 3 stages (modules) each of which forms a comprehensive course of its own. The cost of any single module is $50.00 All three modules follow on from one to the other and provide the full picture as to where the child is going and as to where the child has come from. To better understand The Child, we suggest that you do the full course of three modules if you are able to do so. The full course of three modules is $125. (for the full 24 sessions). Each single module is $50.00 (for an 8 session course).
WHEN YOU REGISTER, YOU WILL BE SENT AN INVITATION TO JOIN OUR PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP. THE RECORDING OF EACH WEEKLY SESSION WILL BE POSTED TO THIS GROUP SO THAT IF YOU MISS A SESSION, OR IF YOU ARE LIVING IN ANOTHER TIME ZONE, YOU ARE ABLE TO VIEW THE SESSION WHEN YOU WANT.
Module 1; Pre-conception- 7 years:
8 WEEKS, EVERY MONDAY at 7.45p.m. (NZ time) from 17th MAY to 5th JULY 2021.
WEEK 1; 17 May
- Introduction and setting the scene with Warwick Sandler and Trisha Glover -
"Becoming a Parent"
WEEK 2; 24 May
- Understanding Child Development pre-birth- 3 years.
"Prenatal development focusing on the early development of the senses, as well as the physical and emotional environment which surrounds the child. Attachment - relationship, regulation and the development of resilience" with Robyn Ritchie
" Walking, speaking, thinking. Three years as the first point of ego integration. Rhythm and routine" with Edith van der Meer " Preparing for birth inwardly and outwardly" with Trisha Glover
WEEK 3; 31 May
- Understanding Child Development 4-7 years "The importance of the development of the lower senses in the first seven years. Bilateral integration and the establishment of dominance". with Robyn Ritchie
"Imitation, fantasy and imagination" with Edith van der Meer "Managing the home environment that supports the development of the child" with Trisha Glover
WEEK 4; 7 June
- "Right speech and its importance for the child" with Michael Burton.
WEEK 5; 14 June
- Identifying challenges to healthy development. Anxiety. Earthquakes, Covid 19, the pace of life. Screen viewing. Developmental difficulties in movement, in relationship and in communication" with Robyn Ritchie "Crises of the will. Behavioural issues" with Edith van der Meer
"The journey of parenthood" with Trisha Glover
WEEK 6; 21 June
- Paving the way to healthy development . "Strategies for dealing with anxiety, over sensitivity and under-sensitivity" with Robyn Ritchie
"Simplicity parenting (environment, rhythm, schedules and too much adult information)" with Edith van der Meer "Taking care of ourselves so we can take care of others" withTrisha Glover
WEEK 7; 28 June
- Supporting Activities for healthy Development "Physical and emotional warmth. Movement with reference to the development of physical skills, balance and vision" with Robyn Ritchie
"The importance of play. The bridge between home and daycare/kindergarten." with Edith van der Meer
"Spiritual Awareness of the Household, the world is good" with Trisha Glover
WEEK 8; 5 July
- A summary of the course and your Q & A submitted by Email; with Robyn Ritchie, Trisha Glover, Edith van der Meer , Michael Burton and Warwick Sandler.
Please note that there will be a three week break between the end of Module 1 ( on 5th July) and the beginning of Module 2 (on 26th July).
MODULE 2; THE SCHOOL- AGE CHILD FROM 7 to PUBERTY.
8 WEEKS, EVERY MONDAY at 7.45p.m. (NZ time) from 26th JULY to 13th SEPTEMBER 2021.
WEEK 1, 26th July.
Welcome and looking at the course ahead with your host, WARWICK SANDLER
WEEK 2, 2nd August
- Healthy development with ROSIE SIMPSON and BRIAN TRACEY : "The school age child, including the 9/10 year old’s transition; crossing the 'Rubicon'”.(Part 1).
WEEK 3, 9th August
- "Healthy development of the school age child" with ROSIE SIMPSON and BRIAN TRACEY. ( Part 2).
WEEK 4, 16th August
- “The child’s connection to the Earth and angelic realms until the age of 9”. with CHERYL PRIGG.
WEEK 5, 23rd August
- ”Identifying challenges to healthy development ” with BRIAN TRACEY
WEEK 6, 30th August
- "Paving the way to healthy development" (1) with
TRISHA GLOVER and ROBYN RITCHIE
WEEK 7, 6th September
- "Paving the way to healthy development" with EDITH BULLE
WEEK 8, 13th September
- Summary; and then the panel of presenters for this module address questions which have been previously submitted by Email and have already been contemplated by the presenters. Trisha, Brian, Rosie, Edith Bulle and Warwick.
MODULE 3; THROUGH ADOLESCENCE TO YOUNG ADULT.
8 WEEKS, EVERY MONDAY at 7.45p.m. (NZ time) from 20th September to 8th November
- “Approaching adolescence” with CHERYL PRIGG.
- "Understanding healthy development" with EDITH BULLE.
- "Understanding healthy development" . EMMA RATCLIFF.
- "Identifying challenges to healthy development" with EMMA RATCLIFF and EDITH BULLE
- "Paving the way to healthy development" with EDITH BULLE and LUT HERMANS.
- "Paving the way to healthy development" with EMMA RATCLIFF
* Please note that there may be updates, from time to time, to the above scheme. For example, due to unforeseen circumstances, there may be a change of presenters for any of the sessions. We will inform you of changes (if any). The dates of all sessions should remain unchanged.
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR PLACE ON THIS COURSE AND TO PAY FOR THE COURSE (FULL COURSE of 24 sessions NZ$125.00 OR any single module of 8 sessions for $50.00. If you elect to do any two of the three possible modules, then you will need to make two separate payments —- all via PAYPAL). We will contact you by Email to confirm your registration and will look forward to meeting you on ZOOM . The first session begins on Monday 17th May 2021 at 7.45p.m. —- NZ time. For timing of other sessions, please refer to our schedule (above) for the whole course timing and details.
Click this blue button to